Thursday, September 6, 2012

There's always ONE.

As the preschool staggered entry week is coming to an end, up until this morning, I was striking gold in terms of 'great' kids.  'Great' meaning well-behaved, positively following through in the class routine, settling into the new environment, getting along with their peers.  This morning, that delighfulness came to an end.  And in a nutshell.. I've met my match.

Profule of the kid: climber, pusher, non-listener, non-disciplined, does not take 'no' as an answer, unwilling to share, loud, disruptive, holds an attention span of two seconds (seriously, I wouldn't exaggerate).. and comes from a family of three older siblings who are the exact same way.  However, I taught the second youngest, and they definately weren't as difficult as the younger sib. 

Of the seven years using the phrase with children "look at my nose" in order to get to them to look at me when I'm talking to them, I got told "I DON'T FEEL LIKE LOOKING AT YOUR NOSE."

Oh yeah.....  That happened.

Even after a conversation with the child's parent, the response on reporting the type of behaviours that occured, was "Do what you need to do; I'll agree to any consequence you give her!"..


Last time I checked, my job descripton didn't include 'parenting'. 

2 comments:

  1. Any idea what happened to The Calgary Preschool Teachers Association Web Page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie, the Calgary Preschool Teachers Assoc. has changed titles and is now called the Southern Alberta Preschool Teachers Association. They wanted to combine surrounding preschools outside of Calgary. Here's the link for the new site: http://sapta.ca/

      :)

      Delete