Monday, November 7, 2011

Tricker Treaters do NOT like touching pumpkin guts

Oct. 31.2011

Seriously.  The above title is total truth.  At least with the preschoolers I work with. 

I remember as a kid this was the one major thing I loved about Halloween - carving a pumpkin and all the steps involved from beginning to end; including eat those seeds as soon as they were out of the oven.
Today, I find for the second year running, kids only seem to care enough about how "scary" it looks and even then!  I got a lot of "he needs to be scaryyyy...witha happy face!" from those who chose to at least be a bystander while I enjoyed the stringyness run through my fingers.  Despite the comments from the peanut gallery, I did have one who enjoys the same Halloweeny tradition I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment